Auto Glass & Insurance
On several occasions we have found that the insurance carriers or their third party administrators are influencing our customers to have their auto glass repaired or replaced by one of their preferred vendors. Additionally, they are informing you that we may make you pay any differences in price that we bill out to them. This is not true with Boulay Auto Glass, as the only time you will see a bill from us would be if you have a deductible. This is a form of steering. In the state of Minnesota, steering is against the law. You have the right to choose your auto glass company for repair or replacement.
Possible steering statements you may hear from your insurance company or third party administrator:
- "Boulay Auto Glass has not agreed to our pricing."
- "We only pay a set amount - you will have to pay the difference."
- "If you use that company - you will have to pay for the work up front."
- "That company is not on our preferred vendor list - you will have no warranty."
- "You can't run claims through our glass network."
Although we handle billing for all insurance companies, the following insurance companies now require that the customer call in the claim to process the billing.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our billing procedures or have difficulty in contacting your insurance company to report a claim, please feel free to contact our office.